Here are some things most of us would never confess about our own collection of UFO's (except to a group of knitters on a retreat, perhaps) --
- They multiply without our knowledge. They get stuck in a box or a closet and when we re-dscover the one we remember, we find 3 or 4 more.
- They have enough money attached to them that we could probably vacation for a week in an exotic location if we had just saved the money. Meanwhile, we're 'vacationing' at home with too many projects.
- We move them from house to house sometimes in the boxes they've lived in for too many years. And we know that our spouse really loves us because he/she never comments on just how many of these mystery cartons find their way onto the moving truck.
- We would have more room for out-of-season clothes if the extra closet was not filled to overflowing.
- We love re-discovering a long forgotten UFO, knowing that this discovery is almost as good as receiving a UPS package with a new project inside.
But we will confess this one true thing about UFO's -- we love every one of them.
Wonder if we could make February the "inventory your UFO" month? Oh, probably not -- might require admitting what we actually have that's about to spill out of that spare closet.
Bumper sticker: Rediscover your UFO's