Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Followers

I now understand what a blogger means when they thank their followers. It is wonderful to know that even a few folks find these observations and pictures either amusing or interesting.

My friend and former neighbor, Jean, sends me emails now and then after reading a post. The one she sent yesterday is special and poignant and so I am putting part of it here.

Hi Becky

I love to knit, although I haven't done any in probably 30 years.  Still have a cedar chest full of yarn, and recently pulled from the cedar chest a cable sweater I made for Red about 1975.  He didn't like it because it had dropped shoulders, the newest thing at the time.  The pattern was a v-neck pullover, but he wanted it made cardigan with buttons.  So I changed it. And now I am wearing it.


Some of you probably don't want to have YAEMA (yet another email account) so you can leave comments. FYI you don't need another email, like gmail. I just use my regular Comcast.net email with Google and that works. Hoping this info might encourage you to leave comments.

I'll be knitting today. What does your day look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment