Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring Virus

I've got a bad case of sock-itis this Spring. I am almost certain there is no cure.  Pesky viruses seem to be immune to anything we try, including chicken soup.  I'm well enough to knit, thank goodness, so the virus will undoubtedly continue unabated.  You don't hear me complaining, do you?

Every virus attacks at some time with a wizard spell from Harry Potter, eh?

These for grandson.  Yellow House Yarns in Puyullup, WA , USA
helped me find the right burgundy.  Both are from
Heritage by Cascade, Merino Superwash.
Yummy.  Needles are US1

Then there's the mondo yarn and mondo needle socks for wearing around the house.  Would keep my feet warm but gave them to daughter, though grandson is the one who wore them home.
Lion Brand Wool Ease Chunky with their slipper sox pattern.
Pattern called for US13 but I stepped down to US11
to 'get gauge.'
These using Paton's Kroy, probably a discontinued shade, since this is from stash.  Frogged these when I thought I might be able to avoid the virus.
Started here, with plain pattern, and US2 but decided
to frog it.
Here's where I am today with the Kroy socks, using a pattern from Favorite Socks -- 25 Timeless Designs from Interweave.  This one is Retro Rib Socks by Evelyn A. Clark.

I've switched from Magic Loop for sox, to don's and on the advice
of Yellow House Yarn owner Megan, have purchased two
sets of the sizes I use.
Here's the two of them as I work my way down the leg of each to arrive at the heel flap.  Sometimes the virus attacks with a double dose.
Lots of sticks!
And finally, a close-up of the wonderful rib pattern, which shows even in the variegated self-striping -- and it's funner (yikes, bad grammar!) to work, imo.
Nice ribbing.  The single knit column is Ktbl every other row.

As you can see I have a serious case of this particular virus, so I reckon the only cure is a) starting yet another pair of sox (using stash which keeps the guilts away and the dollars in the pocket) and b) staying inside with plenty of liquids while I knit.

Let me know if you have other suggested 'cures.'

Meanwhile, I'll be sure to get plenty of rest while I'm knitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment