This one's ready to wing its way to the recipient. I love knitting and I love knitting for others, thinking about them as I knit, thinking about them as I choose the project and pattern that will be best for them.
|Paton's Chunky Shetland, size US13 needles.|
Pattern from Prayer Shawl book
- The cowl is in Richmond.
- Scarves are in Wenatchee, Perth (Western Australia), Seattle, Connecticut, NYC, Anchorage.
- Shawls are in Florida, Arizona, one to Amsterdam but now in Chicago, Lakewood.
- Afghans are in Baltimore, Cincinnati, Alaska.
- Sweaters are in Lakewood.
- Baby preemie hats are in Africa.
- Who knows where the Special Olympic scarves landed, around the neck of a deserving athlete.
Several projects on the needles will find their way to another place on the planet, to other people that share my world.
Most of the knitters I know knit for others, either a friend or a deserving group (homeless, preemies, chemo patients, and more.) Keep sending your talent into the world; the world is better for it. Leaving your nest allows the work of your hands to warm the next nest.