Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Another one leaves the nest

Got to thinking about all the knitting projects that I've sent to different people over the years.

This one's ready to wing its way to the recipient.  I love knitting and I love knitting for others, thinking about them as I knit, thinking about them as I choose the project and pattern that will be best for them.

Paton's Chunky Shetland, size US13 needles.
Pattern from Prayer Shawl book


  • The cowl is in Richmond.
  • Scarves are in Wenatchee, Perth (Western Australia), Seattle, Connecticut, NYC, Anchorage.
  • Shawls are in Florida, Arizona, one to Amsterdam but now in Chicago, Lakewood.
  • Afghans are in Baltimore, Cincinnati, Alaska.
  • Sweaters are in Lakewood.
  • Baby preemie hats are in Africa.
  • Who knows where the Special Olympic scarves landed, around the neck of a deserving athlete.

Several projects on the needles will find their way to another place on the planet, to other people that share my world.

Most of the knitters I know knit for others, either a friend or a deserving group (homeless, preemies, chemo patients, and more.)  Keep sending your talent into the world; the world is better for it.  Leaving your nest allows the work of your hands to warm the next nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment