Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

That Afghan #Completed



Finally, I can state affirmatively that the light at the end of this tunnel is not a train -- whoo hoo!  It's actually an afghan.

This afghan project was a good idea at the time but like a lot of projects took a right (or left) turn into a dead end street.  For me, a dead end knitting street includes addresses at

  • 10 Boring Lane, 
  • 26 Not Interesting Street, and 
  • 43 Can't Bear to Pick it Up Blvd.
  • With other addresses in between that mark the mindless and dull knitting.  (My fault entirely.  I joined a KAL for beginner knitters and didn't realize this until yarn was bot and paid for and Clue 1 arrived in the email.  Lesson:  read more carefully, Becky.)


During the now passed #AugustCompletionMarathon, I put my head down, got the birch needles clicking and turned up the creative juices while knitting YABS (Yet Another Boring Square).  Darliss wins for the comment of the century:  It looks like the dish cloths we knit to give as gifts.

Here's a collection of pix to show you what I finished and how I modified things to keep the target more interesting.


Library book:  Nicky Epstein's Crocheted Flowers, plus
a skein of Caron Soft in a variegated spring color scheme.
Fun to try each one and so I crocheted a flower garden.

Blossoms and buds

More blossoms


A border, crocheted so it would work up quickly.  One row of SC and then a row of shells.


Almost done.  There's no train, tho the light is shining brightly off of the new afghan for the end of my bed.  And just in time for the cooler temps when an extra bit of soft and cuddly is what the doctor ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment