Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Solomon's Knot

Wonderful new shawl which I hope to wear on Saturday night.  Do you think I'll make it?

Crochet is usually a bit faster than knitting, but the Solomon's Knot in this one requires a bit of delicate loop-making.


This was a new stitch for me, so I went searching for help and found a wonderful site. Here's a great story about Teresa Richardson, a self-proclaimed Crochet Geek.  Richardson in Forbes Article.  I first found Teresa on YouTube -- duh!  In her wonderful videos I learned about the Solomon's Knot.  The angles are good, the contrast is great, the yarn and hook are a size you can see, her voice is wonderful -- great place to learn a new stitch (or begin your crochet life.)  


Here's a detail shot.


Yarn is Red Heart Stardust using their free pattern Beatrice Wrap.  The link will get you to pattern and yarn.

Many thanks to Teresa Richardson, who also answered my email.  She may be a crocheter but she's good at knitting together the community.  

No comments:

Post a Comment