Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Pinwheel -- Bernat Mystery KAL Spoiler Alert

The Bernat Mystery KAL Afghan has a center pinwheel.  (Spoiler, if you're not there yet.  Sorry.)

Testures prevail.  The different stitches -- a brioche-like rib
in pink/rose and garter in green -- really show up in the
center pinwheel.

I'm knitting and assembly as I go.  The prospect of all those seams and worse, all those loose ends, is daunting and can be discouraging.  Assembly-as-you-knit is the answer for me.  I'm so married to this self-encourager technique that I now choose the next block to knit based on the next one I can assemble.

Also I started the left border.  It's knit in a strip and -- groan -- sewed on to the finished afghan.  Same for the right border.  Then the top and bottom are picked up on a long circular needle.  By that time you will be hearing my cheering no matter where you are on the globe.



And so it goes.  Pinwheel in the center with a variety of colors and shapes around in quilt-like fashion.  I'm persevering.  The original shipping box still has skeins of yarn and I have at least one block on my favorite Brittany birch US#8 needles.  Two of the 6" dpn US#8's are carrying the border.  I am knitting and sewing and weaving and clipping and lions and tigers and bears, oh no.  (Just to see if you're reading to the end.)

Though sometimes I feel like a spinning pinwheel.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I really need to download the Crochet version, but I've got so many other projects going... And I really love the colors you're using.

    ReplyDelete