Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Agatha Christie

Ms. Christie's name has been mentioned several times in the novel I'm listening to -- The House at Riverton.  It's one of those soap opera things, told by the former lower house maid.  Think Downton Abbey for time period, clothes, social change, war.  Ms. Christie's mysteries first appeared shortly after the end of WWI.

I've always enjoyed a mystery, but I gotta tell ya -- this afghan thing.  I have all the clues and bits and pieces of the final product.  The solution is beginning to present itself.  (Wait for it -- the butler didn't do it.)
The center line runs down between the two dark blue
triangles.  The green and pink ones will be joined
by two more, forming a pink/green pinwheel right in the
middle of the afghan.

The glass IS half full, after all.  The inventory of blocks is increasing.  Here are my needles with the last of the pinwheel green/pink blocks.
Total of three blocks.  The green topped ones are in the
decreasing stage while the pink one in the center is
still growing.
Again, seemingly unable to learn from my past adventures with multi-tasking knitting style, I had to finally separate the three-in-one.  I finished one of them and started sewing together the blocks in the inventory.

Lots of knitting.  Lots.  I don't wanna even think about the number of stitches and throws that even one block represents.  Well, that makes me curious.  The diamonds start with 1 stitch and increase 2 stitches every other row to 55 stitches.  That would be 110 rows and I don't wanna search for that formula that adds up 1 + 3 + 3 + 5 + 5 + etc.  Boring.

If you haven't read The Mysterious Affair at Styles, get it from the library.  It has a very interesting twist and I won't spoil it for you except to say -- again -- it's not the butler.


No comments:

Post a Comment