Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Church Lady's Apron

It's a great pattern and yes, it's called the "Church Lady's Apron" from Mary Mulari Designs.  It's reversible, with a cute pocket detail.  On the pattern, the designer says, "Inspired by a vintage apron and redesigned with modern style and details."  Pattern is from Nancy's Notions.

I have a friend who is married to a firefighter so when I ran across this fabric at Nancy's Notions, I ordered both the pattern and the unique fabric, which is called Fireman Guys' Fabric.  Sewing time:  a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon.


While I know you will be distracted by the hunk, here's the pocket detail, a double one on the front.

Spoon in the 'back' pocket and whisk in the 'front.'
The accent fabric also appears on the ties and the
reverse apron.
Fewer hunks to distract you -- here's the reverse side of the apron.
Even the ties are reversible and long enough
for a big bow.

This is my 2013 return to sewing.  Friend Darliss and I are both happily re-introducing ourselves to our sewing machines.  I've been using mine to piece kid quilts (here and here).  Darliss is busy catching up on mending. 

There are so many fun kits for sewing I'm excited to plan more projects like the apron, maybe a tote or two.

Oh, and if your hunk or your friend's hunk is not a firefighter, check Nancy's Notions for other occupational fabric.  Not sure you'll find an architect or an accountant, but . . . 






No comments:

Post a Comment