Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Friday, January 11, 2013

Bring in the Clowns


2013 will be the year of the Baby for this family.  Husband's eldest grand-daughter and husband are expecting #3.  Next grand-daughter and husband expecting #1.  By late summer, we will count 4 Greats in the extended fambly.

When Great #1 arrived I decided a cross stitch crib blanket would be the perfect gift.  I tend not to knit little wearables for little ones -- outgrow before they are even enjoyed.  So I do blankets -- knitted, crocheted, flannel with crochet edgings, and cross stitch blankets quilted after the stitching is completed.

Working on this one for #3 --

He's about 24" tall and wonderfully cute, with
patches on his suit and big floppy shoes.
All clowns have balloons, don't they?  The jolly
guy in the pic above has three of them - a 1 and a 2 and a 3, with
tails and ribbons

And blocks, of course.

And a nap-time wish across the top and the bottom -- Sweet Dreams

The D R E of Dreams -- very colorful

The stamped top and floss (DMC) are from Jack Dempsey Needlearts, a US company.  I like their designs and the quality of the fabric is very nice.  I find I'm preferring this one -- a stamped top only -- to the kits that have pre-quilted stamped quilts.  I will be able to finish this one as I choose, plus it's bigger.

You can see the JDNA pillow slips here.  No pictures of earlier cross stitch quilts.  

Enjoying this project immensely.  The colors are bright and cheerful.  The design is fun.  Best of all, I can think about the baby while I'm working.

Bye for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment