Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Friday, May 11, 2012

You get the idea . . .

My Bernat Waverly Mystery KAL Afghan is almost finished.  I can hardly believe it myself.


See, I need just three more blocks and a bunch of border.  It's been one of those projects I turn to when I'm tired but still wanna knit.  You know, when the spirit is willing but the body is weak -- oh, wait!  That goes the other way I think.

Well, anyway, you get the idea.  The patterns are mindless and non-taxing.  The yarn is soft and wonderful.  And I do love the colors.

The pink and green pinwheel is in the center.  Maybe this is a better view?
This view shows the textures in each block.  The border
strips will pull it all together.

So, you get the idea -- this one will be done when it's done and not a minute sooner.  I drag the border knitting around with me, to meetings and for waiting till the school bell sounds the dismissal.  

I confess I'm excited to anticipate the arrival of my Mother's Day gift.  I decided on some very special yarn from Megan Goodacre and one of her Tricksy Knitter fabulous new patterns.  Peek here.

My husband asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day.  You get the idea . . . (so, apparently, did he!)

No comments:

Post a Comment