Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

That #Completion Thang

If you Blog, Read, Knit, Quilt, Run, Weave, Spin, Rebuild Cars, Boat/Sail, or whatever you know this for sure -- Life is what happens when you're making other plans.  Old maxim, but oh so true.


  • Spent four days at Ocean Shores, WA, with grandson and husband.  Built some great sand castles, ruined my hips on the back of an intractable nag, and flew a wonderful Red Baron kite.  #Knitting -- well only a bit.
  • Spent a few hours on two occasions in two different local ER's.  Husband seems to be having a hard time right now.  Slammed thumb in the car door -- 5 stitches.  Last night did a horrible face plant on the aggregate concrete of our front porch resulting in broken nose, abrasions that bleed like crazy, two shiners, a pulpy upper lip, and 4 stitches in knuckle of right index finger.  #Knitting -- not so much.
  • Spent a week prior to Ocean Shores with grandson at our house.  Saw the latest Wimpy Kid movie, cleaned out paperwork in office, taught him how to knit, took him to play in the lake.  #Knitting -- not so much.


So I am proud to report the #Completion of a wonderful Fledge Shawl, designed by the talented Megan Goodacre of Tricksy Knitter.  Yarn is by Sweatermaker Yarns, 50 silk / 50 merino.  This yarn is what we will all be using when we reach heaven; it's that wonderful.

Several pix to show you WIP and FO.











Still proud to report I have not started anything new, tho friend Darliss and I went to a sale and bot great yarns.  I gotta tell you I am very very very tempted.  #RestrainingMyself

No comments:

Post a Comment