Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Tink? Frog? Drop?

Yikes!  Just after completing all the increases to widen the scarf, I look down and see this!

Can you see it?  The white hole about 1/3 from the bottom
in the center.  It wasn't a dropped stitch --
but one where I had split the yarn.
The stitch was there -- but only by one
very fine and fragile thread

Now what?  Tink it?  Too many rows.  Frog it?  Too much knitting to rip out -- it's soooo painful.  Drop it?  Yup.  That's the pathway to correction.


     

Left pic:  I dropped all the stitches in the ladder down to the split stitch.
Right pic:  Trusty crochet hook used to pick them up.
I think blocking will manage/correct any
irregularities that were created.

Whew!

Otherwise, except for this detour, the project is proceeding.  Here are some measurements at the turning point.  After increasing every rs row to 88 st in the st st section, you proceed with decreases eors (every other right side) row so measurements are in order.

  28-29 inches to the turning row.

  
22 inches at the change from increase to decrease.
The crochet hook marks the spot.

The colors are magnificent and the yarn is yummy.  Mini Mochi on a size US4.

Back on track. . . and without tinking OR frogging.  Yea rah!




No comments:

Post a Comment