Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Fiona Shrek (is that her last name?)

One of my favorite characters is Fiona in the Shrek movies.  She's so strong and independent and knows herself and her own mind. And no matter the day or night Fiona is beautiful -- Shrek knows that and so do we.  Women of all ages should look to Fiona as a role model.

I finished some things to mail to the East Coast for the two beautiful GiGi's (greats) there, one of whom has hair even redder than Fiona's.


A fleece blanket, two-sided, with knotted fringe on all four sides.

Both girls are princesses and beautiful.  Don't you agree that the Fiona Shrek ears are an excellent highlight indicating loveliness?








Pillowcases -- complete with lace, matching lace.


And strawberry sox -- an essential accessory in every girl's wardrobe, no matter the age.













I often think that the only thing I tell you about is the latest 14 patterns I've decided to try with the 23 yarns I found in my stash -- or worse, ran out to buy!  Really glad to be able to report some items are complete, though they aren't in the knitting category.

I've had fun with each of these, watching them unfold and become real.  And it was a good break from knitting.

PS Two blankets are also in progress -- one is crocheted and one is knitted.  See I had to be honest about my compulsion to begin new projects.

PSS A closeup of Fiona's castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment