Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Girly-Girl Purses

Here in the Pacific Northwest March is doing its "liony" thing.  The weather is so unsettled.  The wind is blowing and the rain is coming down sideways.  The skies are threatening to explode and if they aren't threatening they are dumping buckets onto us.  No Lambs here.

It's a great day for a project at the sewing machine.  Girly-girl purses using fat quarters.

So wonderful and so much fun to make.

Things couldn't have worked out any better.
  • Coordinated fat quarters from Calico Threads in Tacoma, a great new quilt shop.
  • Brand new spools of thread (am I a cheap date, or what!?)
  • Ribbons and trims to embellish.
  • A free pattern from Diary of a Quilter.

So I made two!
Pink and Green -- for Spring
Each one has coordinated lining.


I had such fun, plus saved a bundle.  The ribbons were all on sale and it was Senior Wednesday at Hancock so I got 15% off the entire purchase.  

I am soooo easy to please.


I just love projects like this.  They come together nicely and the end product is classy.  Each will make a fine gift for Easter.

We are approaching Palm Sunday, the beginning of Holy Week.  I hope your Lenten journey has been helpful and meaningful.

Pax.


No comments:

Post a Comment