Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Friday, March 1, 2013

Hospital Time

If you've been sitting with someone in the hospital -- or been in the hospital yourself -- you know that time passes in a very different way.  Remember the time warps from Star Trek or other sci fi stuff?

Sometimes 3 minutes feels like 3 hours and sometimes, those awful times, 3 hours can fly by in 3 minutes while emergencies are being attended to.

On Super Bowl Sunday, husband fell very early (3:15 am).  Result:  compression fracture in T11 vertebra plus intractable pain.  Nothing would move that pain, so to the ER we went.  Made the mistake of coming home after a dose of morphine (or whatever) and returned 2 1/2 days later still with pain, the intractable type.  Then a 5 day wait to allow for blood thinners to wear off so the interventional radiologist could perform a vertebroplasty.  This is a pain killer, completely!  The doc uses needles and xray guidance to shoot bone cement into the fracture.  Bye Bye Pain.

Short answer for this knitter -- most of the time I was helping husband eat, pass the time, talking to docs, straightening covers, you get the idea.  It's called Caregiver Time.

I did get two flannels decorated with crocheted edging, tho I don't have final pix.  I put them in the mail as soon as I could.

This one got a third row of clusters.

This one got 2-3 more rows but this pic
shows the colors nicely, anyway.

During Recovery-At-Home time, in between meals and laundry, I was able to make a second one of these.
Mailed off the first one to Seattle for
a birthday present.  Finished the second
one and hand-delivered it for a belated
mid-Feb birthday.


This last week I found time to piece the Peanuts quilt kit I got from Nancy's Notions.  This one is bright and has lots of contrast.  Tomorrow it will be off with Ms. Spence for its appointment with her long arm quilting machine.  Heather Spence Designs

Stripe on the left is backing fabric.


Pix seem to be upside down and turned the wrong way.  I call this:  Gotta Finish the Post Soon Time.

  • There's Long Chat Friend Time (and I miss this with my friends.)
  • There's Walk in the Misty Rain Time While Saying A Rosary Time (always healing)
  • There's Chore Time (don't we all love this!  Fill in the blank for your 'favorite' chore.)
  • There's Thank the Readers for their Loyalty Time -- Right now and always.
And then there's God's Time -- relish the mysteries, my friend.s



No comments:

Post a Comment